Saturday, August 21, 2010

Feel the Burn?

Well it's been over a month since I posted last. Been feeling a little burned out on the running, not to mention the blazing temps we've been dealing with this summer. I've also been trying to get use to my new work schedule that I really don't like. I have been getting out and doing my long runs on the weekends, though I've had to cut a few short due to heat/humidity or schedule conflict. Unfortunately I haven't been getting my shorter runs in like I should. I might do one tempo run a week if I'm lucky. Starting next week I'm planning on volunteering with the Fitton Y's running club, which should help get me back on pace some.

I've also been struggling with the whole eating "healthy" thing lately. I'll be doing really well for about a week then I loose focus for about 3-4 days eating meat, junk food, and other garbage I don't need. I'm wanting to take the next step up from vegetarian to vegan but have to get refocused on the basics before I proceed or I'll end up back where I started.

My question for you today is what do you do to prevent burn out or how do you get rid of that feeling?

1 comment:

  1. You are getting behind! To prevent burn out for me, especially with 2 kids and a husband to feed that aren't loving my healthy eating...premade dinners. They help stay focused and eat right. Its easy to say "lets grab pizza" on the way home from a school activity but if I know I have pre-made healthy dinners that are frozen, all I have to do is throw them in the oven for 30 min. and dinner is ready, it helps us stay on track. Your recipes are awesome, by the way...keep posting!

    ReplyDelete