Saturday, September 11, 2010

Getting it in Gear

What the heck. I only have 2 weeks till the State to State Half Marathon and 6 weeks till my first Ultra Stone Steps 50k. Where has the time gone? First mistake. I didn't plan out my shorter weekly runs. That means outside of my long runs on the weekends I have only ran a handful of times over the past 2-3 months. Mistake number 2 lack of sleep which means I've been cutting my long runs short. I only have 6 weeks left and have only topped out at 18 miles. I should have hit 26 at least once by now.

Calm down Chris......Look on the bright side. You still have 6 weeks. The weather is getting better. I can get out there and log my short runs without the fear that I might spontaneously combust in the heat. Gonna log 20+ miles tomorrow morning with Spencer pacing me towards the end. I have plenty of time.

Ok so maybe my finishing time won't be as good as I had hoped it would be, but I know I'll at least finish which is all I'm really worried about. I just want to get out there and meet some new people, get myself introduced into the world of ultra trail racing, and most of all just have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment