Sunday, April 11, 2010

3 Weeks and Counting

I officially have 3 weeks till the Flying Pig Marathon and I'm being plagued by an injury. Not sure what it is. Started off thinking it was shin splints then maybe something with my calf. Now I'm thinking I may have been suffering from two ailments at the same time. The shin splints seem to have gone away over the past week or so if compressing and icing, but there is still another pain I'm feeling on the inner front side of my calf. Thinking I may have stained it when I was pushing myself farther in the VFF's. Gonna back way off the miles this week, do some water workouts and see how I feel come next week.

I'm also a little disappointed that my friend Ben will not be running with me in the race, but he has been very busy with work and hasn't had the time to train. Maybe later this year we will be able to hook up for a race.

1 comment:

  1. Same thing happened to me when I was training for Chicago in 2007...make sure you are stretching well and rest it if you can. You should be tappering now as well...

    Best of luck!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete